Saturday, October 30, 2004

Mexican ghoul...

With a beat that belongs to my ancestors, I come and dance for you. My country was born out of an incestous rape that has scarred my people into smiling and singing. I smile and I sing for you. Clap your hands for me, I am singing. I like to walk under the stars and face the wind, breathe the moonlight that guides me into the morning full of light and birds. A taco and a tequila, my diet is complete. The burning on my back is the sun that licks me slightly, salting my hide, eroding my mind. Something inside (more primitive, more basic, more senseless) me makes me look at death in the face, I stare and I stare until my madness is yours. Let's go and make out next to the river where the water is cold for the feet that dare go inside. Let's spit at the edge of the bridge and kneel at the crossroads. Everybody pass us by, ours is the way of the road that leads into the future that will forget us like a lover in a whorehouse. I juggle with nonsense, I cry with reason. A Mexican ghost that walks at night on the road, repeating my death until forever. Un espanto de verdad. Come here all the priests with holy water, put my soul to rest and I will pull your legs at night. I will laugh my terrible laughter in the middle of your night. Come, let me show how I laugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home